Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Perfect Peace

You will keep him in perfect PEACE,
whose mind is stayed on You,
because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3

My place of "stillness" rested in this verse for many many months while waited to travel and be united with our kids in Uganda.  Now that we are home, I have been reminded of that tender place again. 

Trusting simply means to believe God's plan is bigger and better than mine = Sovereign

I have those days where it feels like my heart, my home and my children are the furthest thing from "peaceful".  But when the Lord draws me back into a place of trust, a place where I can lay down the cares of my days and rely on Him, things become more still, more quiet, and slower in my heart.  I am bathed by inexplicable peace and that flows out to my home and my family.  He is so faithful, even when I am not.


A dear and wise friend was led to send this verse to me along with a stanza of a beautiful hymn.  May it bring you peace today as you find rest through your trust in Him.


"EVERY day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special MERCY for each hour,
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name in Counselor and Power,
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid,
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure."
This the pledge He made to me"

From "Day By Day and With Each Passing Moment"
By Lina Sandell - Oscar Adnfelt

No comments:

Post a Comment