Monday, September 19, 2011

Husband's Perspective

Jen said "do you want to write on my blog?"
Slight pause..."well what do you want me to say?  I replied.
"say something useful."

So with fear and trepidation we have...drum roll please...a husband's perspective on useful information. 

I took a love language test recently...I scored very high in the category of gift giving.  When I saw this and my eyes narrowed, wrinkles appeared on my forehead, blood rushed to my face and I started to sweat a little.   You see this makes absolutely no sense, I am a royal failure at giving gifts.  In fact just seeing that number at the top of my list began heart palpitations that would have become a full blown anxiety attack had I not quickly gotten up to eat a marshmallow.  So there I was staring into the cabinet, eating a marshmallow, and breathing heavy when something hit me.  I went back to the paper trying to tell me my love language was gift giving, and I discovered something truly profound.  I think this may change your marriage.  I suspect that this is a nearly universal part of being a man.  My love language is food.  Any question on the test that had to do with food got a perfect score, it just so happened that many of the questions that had to do with gift giving had to do with food also...what a relief.

So ladies...I suspect that your husband's love language, like mine, does not fit perfectly into one of the five categories.  Make him something nice this week and send him out the door to work with a kiss and something tasty...Monster cookies perhaps.  They are my favorite.  Check out the recipe below...He will come home happy. 

Oh one more thing...put a love note in with the cookies.  He may not tell you but he will appreciate the encouraging words...

And save a few monster cookies for yourself.  They are the best.

Monster Cookies

3 eggs
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. honey
1/2 c. butter
1 1/3 c. Peanut butter, smooth
4 1/2 c. Oatmeal
2 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. Chocolate Chips
1/2 lb. M&M's

Preheat oven to 325.  Mix first 7 ingredients together well.  Gradually add oatmeal and soda.  Stir in Chocolate chips and M&M's.  Drop dough by heaping tablespoons on greased cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes.  Remove from oven before golden.  Do NOT over bake.  The dough can also be pressed into a greased 9x13 pan and baked into bars.  Bake about 24 minutes.  Let cool before cutting.

Your husband will love them, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. that was funny, craig! food as a love language...so true!

    ReplyDelete